The Château de Champvallins is located in Sandillon, a small village just 12 km from Orleans. We are in the Loire Valley, famed for its royal chateaux, and on the edge of the Sologne region, an area of natural beauty.
You can easily visit historical Orleans with its Gothic Saint Croix Cathedral and Parc Floral de la Source, a remarkable botanical garden.
Other interesting sites include the Château de La Ferté Saint Aubin with its toy museum, 23 km away, the 11th-12th century Basilica in the Abbaye de Fleury in Saint-Benoît sur Loire, a half-hour drive, and the Château de Beaugency, a 40-minute drive. The famous Château de Chambord and Gien porcelain factory are both about an hour’s drive away.
Route from Paris (1 hour 30 minutes, 160 km):
- A10 towards ORLEANS
- Take the A71 towards VIERZON
- Take exit no. 2, LA FERTE SAINT AUBIN
- After the toll, head towards LA FERTE SAINT AUBIN on the N20
- On the N20 head, for SAINT CYR EN VAL "village"
- Once in SAINT CYR EN VAL, head for SANDILLON
- On the Route de SANDILLON, turn left in 2 km (TPVL sign)
- The Château de Champvallins will greet you 2 km ahead on the right